OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Submitting an entry constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance
of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding
on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
1) Sweepstakes Timing: The Weight Watchers® Smart Ones® Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins 12:00 p.m. ET on 9/12/2012 and ends 12:00 p.m. ET on 10/17/2012 (the "Sweepstakes Period"),
2) Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who, as of date of entry, are 18 years of age or older and have a Pinterest account. Employees of H. J. Heinz Company, L.P. (the "Sponsor"), their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, including Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (collectively the "Sweepstakes Entities") and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
3) How to Enter: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning.
To enter, log in to your Pinterest page (or register for one, if you do not already have a Pinterest page). Then, create a Pinterest board called #ScavengerHuntSweeps and pin/repin a total of thirteen (13) items (each item a "Submission"), including the following:
- Portion Control – Repin two (2) of your favorite Smart Ones® portion controlled meals
- Breakfast – Repin two (2) Smart Ones® breakfasts that include turkey sausage
- Protein - Pin one (1) way that you include protein in your diet (non-Smart Ones® requirement)
- Whole grain, fruit, veg. – Pin three (3) pins that show your favorite fruits and veggies (non-Smart Ones® requirement)
- Snacks and desserts – Repin one (1) of your favorite Smart Ones® chocolate desserts and one (1) Smart Ones® fruit dessert
- Support - Pin two (2) support quotes that inspire you (non-Smart Ones® requirement)
- Sweepstakes Pin – Repin one (1) of the Sweepstakes pins
Once your #ScavengerHuntSweeps board is complete, visit http://www.eatyourbest.com/pinterest
. Any communication or information transmitted to Sponsor or the Website by e-mail or otherwise is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Proof of submission is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt of such entry. Furthermore, Sponsor shall have no liability for any Submission that is lost, intercepted or not received by Sponsor. Sponsor is the official time keeper for the Sweepstakes. All Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Limit of one (1) entry per person/email address and per Pinterest account.
4) Random Drawing: A random drawing will be conducted on or about 10/23/2012 by an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, to determine one (1) Grand Prize winner and two (2) First Prize winners from among all eligible entries received. The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
5) Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1): Free groceries for one (1) year, up to $4,750, awarded in the form of Sponsor-specified gift cards. The ARV of the Grand Prize is $4,750. First Prize (2): A $100 Sponsor-specified gift card. Gift cards are subject to restrictions and expiration dates may apply. All federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for any prize will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor due to prize unavailability for any reason, in such circumstance, an alternate prize of equal value will be awarded and the Sponsor's obligation to the winners will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided. No responsibility or liability is assumed for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of prize.
6) Winner Notification: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone and/or email and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) and assignment of rights, within five (5) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Affidavit will be sent via email and the potential Grand Prize winner will need to return the Affidavit within five (5) days of notification via fax or email and send the original Affidavit back via mail. The potential First Prize winners will be contacted by phone and/or email and will be required to reply with his/her complete mailing address (no PO Boxes) and date of birth within five (5) days of notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Failure to reach any potential winner within this timeframe or return of prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected.
7) General Rules: Each entrant represents and warrants as follows: (a) the complete Submission is the entrant's own original, previously unpublished work, or that entrant has all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the Submission along with the right to sublicense to Sponsor for use in marketing and advertising; (b) the Submission does not contain any harmful computer code and is not otherwise corrupted; (c) as of the date of submission, the Submission is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (d) the Submission does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; and (e) the Submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or obscene. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sweepstakes Entities harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the covenants, representations and warranties of entrant hereunder. By making a Submission in connection with the Sweepstakes, each entrant entered into the Sweepstakes hereby (a) irrevocably grants to Sponsor and its affiliates, and their respective successors and assigns, a non-exclusive, transferable, fully-paid, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, license, including the unlimited right to sublicense, reproduce, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute, and use the Submission by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised, including, without limitation, on Sponsor's websites, SmartOnes Facebook page, or SmartOnes Pinterest page; and (b) agrees to execute all further documents respecting the Submission requested by Sponsor, including any further license, in order for Sponsor to use the Submission as contemplated by the Sweepstakes. Each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have in the Submission. For clarity, Sponsor has the right (but not the obligation) to publish any Submission on the Sponsor, Facebook, or Pinterest websites. Acceptance of a prize constitutes winner's permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use winner's name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements, address (city and state) and #ScavengerHuntSweeps for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation. Entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from entrants' acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize's quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an entrant's, or any other person's, computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or otherwise participating in the Sweepstakes, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No incomplete, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor's control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor's control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, the winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents. The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Participants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Pennsylvania and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts in Pennsylvania.
8) Winners List: For the names of the winners, available 10/24/2012 through 11/24/2012, visit http://www.eatyourbest.com/pinterest.
9) Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is H.J. Heinz Company, L.P., P.O. Box 57, Pittsburgh, PA 15230.